What happens when a self-funder in a care home runs out of money? (Key Information Sheet)
  • What will the care home do?
  • What will the local authority do?
  • What should the resident do?
  • What if they still own a property from before they went into the care home?

Deferred Payment Agreements (Key Information Sheet)
  • What is a Deferred Payment Agreement (DPA)?
  • Who is eligible?
  • How does it work?
  • What does it cost?
  • When might a request for a DPA beĀ  refused?
  • Suitability of DPAs, plus advantages and disadvantages

How property is treated in a local authority financial assessment - England (Key Information Sheet)
  • When is property disregarded?
  • How is property valued?
  • What about business property/ assets?
  • Mobile homes, caravans or houseboats
  • What if I give away my property?

Local Authority care-funding needs assessment - England (Key Information Sheet)
  • What is a care needs assessment?
  • Who can ask to be assessed?
  • Who is eligible for support?
  • How to apply
  • What is involved?
  • What happens after the assessment?
  • How to challenge a decision