9 ways to pay for care (Comprehensive Guide)
A detailed 38 page guide looking at the 9 key ways of paying for care as a self-funder:
- Taking out a Deferred Payment Scheme
- Receiving rental income from residential property
- Releasing equity from residential property
- Releasing funds through the sale of residential property/Downsizing
- Paying fees from liquid assets/cash/income
- Paying fees from investments
- Paying fees from pension funds
- Payments via Long Term Insurance Products (LTCI)
- Third Party Top-ups
Asset Protection Trusts - too good to be true? (Key Information Sheet) covering:
- What is an Asset Protection Trust?
- Will it save on IHT?
- Will it save on Care Fees?
- Should I give my home away to my children?
- Risks of transferring assets during your lifetime
- Can I protect my home from future care fees?
- What to do if the home has already been placed in an Asset Protection Trust